13 Sept 2014

Rivers of Time


I am the candle that lights the darkness,
The boy running amok amongst his misty corridor,
The candle shards waving goodbye to strangers left in dust;
The hours that fade, as the sunrise must.

I am the hooves of antalopes, parading in the sand,
I am never going home again, to where the magic wand stands;
Giving up the shelter, for foreign forests must come;
Standing alone beneath an umbrella, in the tornado of the storm.

I speak in riddles I myself do not understand;
I change with the fashion of the seasons, and become another man.
Going home, where no one knows me, for the light I am;
And secrets flutter incandestently between conversations,
Like the sunrise appearing on the table, in intermittent constellations.

Forgive me father, for I cannot speak;
I am not done doing the time that I keep.
I am the answer that rushes like the wind through closing doors;
I am falling to my knees, before the world’s most beautiful whore;
A truth that has not spoken, since we were reincarnated, before, before, before.

I am the eclipsing moon, on the auburn African shores;
The arrival of a rebirth, a shipwreck stranded in paradise’s core.
I was left before my last words were spoken, or my hand could clutch;
And did not ever end speaking to myself, of that sweetening touch;
And did not finish changing to what has always awoken;
But is still doing time, in prisons of rhyme, to melt that desirous token.

No comments:

Post a Comment